Here’s a useful guide to Gran Canaria Christmas and New Year events from all over the island (2016-17).
Municipio de Mogán
Download the Mogán Christmas program.
- Mestisay concert in Mogan Pueblo and switching on of the Christmas lights: 6th December.
- Food fair in Arguineguín during the day. Carols in the evening: 17th
- Christmas market in Playa de Mogán: 22nd
- Street procession in Arguineguin with traditional music and carols: 23rd
- Living Belen in Veneguera: 25th from 19.00
- New Year Celebrations in Mogan, Playa Mogan and Arguineguin: 31st
- Three Kings Fair in Arguineguin: 5th January
Municipio de San Bartolomé de Tirajana
Download the full San Bartolomé program.
Living Nativity Scene: Plaza Cercado de Espino: 18th December at 20.00
Three Kings Parade: January 5th. 18.00 San Fernando: 19.00 Tunte: 20.00 Plaza de Fataga
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Download the full Las Palmas Christmas program.
- Sand nativity scene at La Puntilla on Las Canteras beach: Open every day.
- Cero Festival: Live outdoor music by The Birkins, Xoel Lopez: By the Alfredo Kraus statue on the beachfront: From 20.00: 8th, 9th, 10th December. Full Cero Festival program.
- Musical Procession: Thursday 15th from 17.30 in Triana.
- Gofiones Concert: Wednesday 21st from 21.00. Plaza Santa Ana in Vegueta.
- Fireworks: From 23.00 on December 31st.
- Three Kings Parade: Thursday 5th January from 17.00. From Castillo de la Luz to Parque San Telmo.
For detailed info about events each weekend, see the latest and always excellent Canary News Event Guide.
Most municipios publish their own local events guide on their websites.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Gran Canaria Guru.